Naach Everyone Naach!

Last night was the first dance episode of 'So You Can Think You Can Dance' - a show I've been following since it's first year. I love watching dance and was so thrilled when Joshua and Katie did a Bollywood dance to 'Dhoom Taana' last year. I was even more excited when the show featured another Bollywood dance this year to 'Jai Ho'! I'm so happy to see this wonderfully intricate and extrememly hard (I know - I try every day!) dance style being presented on this show. It's just another wonderful part of Indian culture being exposed on this side of the world and I can't express enough how wonderful that makes me feel!

Katie & Joshua - Season 4



Jason & Caitlin - Season 5

6 Response to "Naach Everyone Naach!"

  1. Jules says:
    June 14, 2009 at 10:18 PM

    Awesome!! I forgot how GREAT Joshua and Katie were. Loved seeing that again! And funny to watch back because of course I hadn't seen Om Shanti Om yet then!

  2. Shellie says:
    June 15, 2009 at 6:33 AM

    I really hope they add this to their regular dance rotation. Both of them were done well.

  3. bollyviewer says:
    June 15, 2009 at 12:12 PM

    Josh and Katee are so good. Someone in Bollywood, sign them up! :-) I remember seeing their video somewhere in blogland and loving it that Bollywood was getting into mainstream TV in North America. Caitlin and Jason are pretty good too, but, their dance looks like a caricature of Bollywood dances (or maybe I just hate Kamasutra poses!).

  4. Shellie says:
    June 15, 2009 at 12:50 PM

    I agree that Joshua and Katie's dance was choreographed way better, but I was excited just to see that they were going to attempt the style again.

  5. Sara says:
    June 18, 2009 at 3:04 PM

    rock on! I really enjoyed watching that dance the other night and definitely thought of you when I saw it... I love So You Think You Can Dance! :D

  6. Shellie says:
    June 18, 2009 at 3:43 PM

    Hi Mrs. Dude!!!! Namaste and thanks for the comment! I think it will be a fantastic year for sure! Hopefully more Bollywood dancing. *crosses fingers*

    No little Mrs. Dude yet?