Holi Hai!



Holi is upon us once again. I wish I could be a part of the celebrations and fun, but I guess I'll have to make due just observing from afar this year. So to all my friends, Happy Holi. May your day be filled with color and your friends by many!



The trees smile with their sprout
of tender leaves and blooming flowers,
Eternal nature with its transient expression.
Hails spring with ecstasy and joy!
Bewildering shades with so many tinge.
The land of beauty and greatness,
India, witnessing color of happiness and peace.
Nation come alive to enjoy the spirit
A celebration of color- Holi!
An experience of content, harmony and delight.

Holika burns amidst merriment and mirth.
Evil overpowered by love and devotion.
A festival to commemorate 'Ras Lila'-
an enduring love saga of Radha and Krishna.

Gulal - red, green, yellow and countless.
A day's canvas - a riot of colors.
Lively crowd running hither and thither,
Rainbow of colors, dashing from every nook and corner.
Disregarding their woe and despair fervent folks,
rejoicing at the marvel of colors.
A day filled with luster and gaiety,
A day to smear our dreams-
With a splash of vibrant frenzy colors.
Holi Hai! A spring of unbounded fun and frolic!!

9 Response to "Holi Hai!"

  1. Soul Seared Dreamer says:
    February 28, 2010 at 3:24 PM

    Happy Holi Hun

  2. Shellie says:
    February 28, 2010 at 5:35 PM

    Right back at ya, sweetie!!!

  3. dunkdaft says:
    February 28, 2010 at 11:20 PM

    Love ur post. Happy Holi !

  4. Shellie says:
    March 1, 2010 at 7:37 AM

    Thanks Darshit! Hope you had a fab Holi and danced your heart out!

  5. ajnabi says:
    March 2, 2010 at 6:41 AM

    Whoo-hoo! That makes me want to break out a jar of tempera paint and fling it at my monitor. Only the knowledge of my husband's wrath has restrained me. ;-)

  6. Shellie says:
    March 2, 2010 at 7:26 AM

    LOL! Tempura paint! Yes, that would work. I was wondering where we'd get colored powder from. I'm determined to have my own holi fest next year!

    Happy Holi ajnabi!

  7. Jules says:
    March 2, 2010 at 10:24 AM

    Soooo want to do Ajnabi's suggestion next year!! Can't wait to be full of colorful love!!!
    Happy Holi to all!

  8. Jules says:
    March 2, 2010 at 10:59 AM
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  9. Shellie says:
    March 2, 2010 at 11:02 AM

    Fun fun fun!!! Now I can't decide if I want to coordinate my vacation during Holi or Diwali.