And the final four are....

4. Khaike Pann Banaras Wala - Don: The Chase Begins 2006
(Udit Narayan, Shah Rukh Khan)

There is something about this song that had me hooked right away. I think it has mostly to do with Shah Rukh actually "rapping" midway through, which is very rare in his movies and much better than what we got to see in 'Josh', and so it makes my list simply for being so fun!





3. Ajab Si/Aankhon Mein Teri - Om Shanti Om 2007
KK

I love the entire soundtrack for Om Shanti Om and so it was difficult to narrow it down for my top 10. I chose this song (which I've seen with two titles, hence my header), for the sheer velvety quality of its notes and smooth arrangement that results in an irresistible piece of melody that lingers on for hours.




3. Haule Haule - Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi 2008
Sukhwinder Singh

Haule Haule is the simplest and the most romantic song of 2008 with lyrics so good that you love the song on the very first listen. Sukhwinder Singh, who is the new voice of SRK, shines in this subdued yet captivating performance.




And Number 1 belongs to......

1. Kal Ho Naa Ho - title track 2003
Sonu Nigam


It could be that this song will always hold a special place in my heart as it was one of the very first movies I ever saw. Or it could be because this was the very movie where I lost my heart to Shah Rukh Khan. It's probably both, but this song claims my no. 1 spot due to it's simple message: Live life to the fullest, as you never know what can happen tomorrow. A touching number indeed.

2 Response to "And the final four are...."

  1. Jules says:
    April 22, 2009 at 8:43 AM

    Goodness sakes, Sister!!! Them's some FANTASTIC songs!!! You should link to your song posts on your sidebar so I can always come back and have easy access to them.

    OR...

    Buy me an iPod and download all your songs onto it!! ;O)

  2. Shellie says:
    April 22, 2009 at 12:50 PM

    Jules - best songs ever! ps: i'm sure we could work something out (but you could get your own ipod instead of flowers you know. Priorities!)